Most Expensive Handbags and Purses in the World
Which are the Most Expensive Bags and Purses in the World ?
Louis Vuitton was the first manufacturer of "designer bags" and he created a fashion that has been with us ever since. I consider anything over $1,000 to be expensive for a handbag but some people are willing to pay tens of thousands or millions. So just in case you have a few thousand dollars to spare here are the top ten most expensive handbags ever sold.
Top 10 Most Expensive Women's Handbags
1. The Mouawad's 1001 Nights Diamond Purse - $3.8 million
2. The Hermes Birkin bag created by Japanese designer Ginza Tanaka - $1.9 million
This bag was sold in 2008 for around $1.9 million made of platinum with over 2,000 diamonds. In addition to being a handbag you can also use the diamond strap as a necklace or bracelet. The bag has an 8-carat pear shaped diamond that can also be used separately
3. The Chanel "Diamond Forever" Classic Handbag - $261,000
4. Lana Marks Cleopatra Bag - $250,000
5. Urban Satchel Louie Vuitton Bag - $150,000
6. Hermes Matte Crocodile Birkin Bag - $120,000
7. Leiber Precious Rose Bag - $92,000
8. LV Tribute Patchwork Bag - $42,000
9. Gadino Bag by Hilde Palladino - $38,470
10. Marc Jacobs Carolyn Crocodile Handbag - $38,000